Places to visit in Udaipur
1. City PalaceOne of the best and famous tourist spot in Udaipur due to its architecture and history. City Palace is situated over the Pichola Lake build by Maharana Udai Mirza Singh in 1559. The palace is a mixture of many styles of architecture, it has 11 magnificent palaces and all of them were built by different rulers during different periods.
2. Lake PicholaPichola lake is world famous for its picturesque beauty and scenic surrounding. This Lake is completely a place which provides an opportunity to see Udaipur by boat. The forts and palaces provide bird's eye view near this lake.
3. Durbar HallIt is basically Royal Reception Hall, known as Durbar Hall with country’s biggest chandeliers. And currently, Durbar Hall is used to host civil and defense investment ceremonies. The swearing-in ceremony of the incoming governments, the addition of the Council of Ministers and the swearing-in ceremony of the Chief Justice of India are all held in the Durbar Hall.
4. Sajjangarh PalaceSajjangarh Palace known as Monsoon Palace, it is a hilltop residence in the city of Udaipur, Rajasthan. This Palace was built by Maharana Sajjan Singh in 1884. Monsoon Palace gives spectacular panoramic views of Udaipur city. There are pillars inside the palace, all of which are carved with flowers and leaves.
5. Fateh Sagar LakeFateh Sagar Lake was constructed by Maharana Jai Singh in the year 1687. Near this Lake you will get peace of water and feel of nature. Fateh Sagar lake is one of the best places where travelers can enjoy boating. You can also do nature photography here or can walk in nearby park with your friends and family.
6. Bagore ki HaweliBagore-Ki-Haveli is a mansion in Udaipur, Rajasthan state in India. It is situated on the banks of Lake Pichola on Gangori Ghat. Built in the 18 century, now converted into museum. Bagore Ki Haveli has more than a hundred rooms and displays a vast collection of traditional costumes, modern art, Mewar paintings and glassware.
7. Vintage Car MuseumOne of the most exciting places in Udaipur is the Vintage and Classic Car Museum. The museum showcases some exquisite collections of royal antique cars making it a heritage site, which is worth visiting. In addition to art collectors, historians and royalty explorers, the Vintage and Classic Car Museum is the best holiday spot for both car and history geeks.
8. Jaisamand LakeSparkling with blue waters surrounded by lush green mountains, white marble temples and ethereal palaces, Jaisamand Lake is a spectacular sight. Around 50 km from Udaipur, Jaisamand is Asia's second largest artificial lake.
9. Saheliyon ki BariSahalion-ki-Bari is a major garden and a popular tourist destination in Udaipur in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It was built by Rana Sangram Singh, located in the northern part of the city. This place has fountains , a lotus pool and marble elephants.
10. ShilpgramShilpagram is located in the western side of Udaipur under the beautiful backdrop of the Aravalli hill. It is the best platform for rural folk and indigenous people of the western side of Rajasthan to showcase their art and craftsmanship. Shilpgram considered a living museum of traditional arts and crafts. It also organizes special workshops and tutoring sessions for the young and old to spread the Rajasthani culture.
Related Tour - Golden Triangle Tour with Udaipur